Friday, August 21, 2009

Yuvraj Singh interview on Come series

Yuvraj Singh My form has been pretty good. When I look back I did miss a few Test matches but other than that the form has been good. I have been consistent and I look forward to a better next season.

Reporter: What are the important areas that you have been working on considering you have a busy season ahead?
Yuvraj Singh Yes, we have a very busy season ahead and it is nice to have this break. At the moment, I am concentrating on my body. I need to make my body stronger for the busy season.

Reporter: What are the important lesson you have learnt from the team's dismal show in the ICC World T20 in England?

Yuvraj Singh There are no lessons to be learnt. The only lesson I have learnt is that you have to be united as a team. I am actually not feeling bad for the team but I am feeling bad for the media and what they have portrayed as after the T20 World Cup.

This team has won everything in the last two years and we lost one tournament and everybody jumped the gun. So I don't feel sad for the team but I feel sad for what we are being portrayed as by the media to the people of India. I hope this gets settled soon.


Reporter:: Rahul Dravid is ready to make a comeback. Do you think he fits in the one-day side?

Yuvraj Singh: Rahul Dravid should be deciding if I fit in the one-day side or not. I can't comment on that because he is a great player and a senior member. If the selectors decide he is the best man then he is the best man.

Reporter:: You have been involved in some charity work as well. Tell us about that.

Yuvraj Singh: My charity is Yuvraj Singh foundation. We started this venture first three to four months ago. The first event was in Durban, my favourite place, and it really went well for us. We did charity for a community near Cape Town for the kids. We are organising a cricket field for them. We are doing another event in October in Johannesburg during the Champions Trophy. And we will be trying to do another event in India in November.

We are just trying to generate as much money for the kids. There is merchandising as well, which is in my name, the six sixes; it has pencil boxes and key chains. It has a lot of cool stuff and it is for elders as well. People can log on to yuvrajsingh.co.in and check it out. In fact, don't just check it out, buy it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links