Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ishant Sharma -Sneakers to spikes to splaying stumps

First bit of advice from a coach
Always respect your opponents.

First boots
My first pair were Ace spikes, which my father bought for Rs 650. The first time I went to the club they said I couldn't bowl in the rubber sneakers I had as I would slip on the turf. The spikes lasted one year, but the initial feeling of getting into something new was very good.

First time I sent the stumps flying in Tests
It was a great feeling when I bowled Morne Morkel in the Kanpur Test. I really like the idea of getting a batsman bowled because it boosts your confidence, and you can get more aggressive.

First cricketing souvenir
The cricket ball with which I got my debut wicket, which was against Bangladesh. I got it signed by Anilbhai [Kumble]. He wrote, "Well done. Many more."

First car
A Honda Civic - my first major purchase after I began playing international cricket.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links