Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kumar Sangakkara - Kid gloves




All gloves fit: Kumar Sangakkara 
 

First idol I met
Viv Richards always seemed larger than life, and that's why he was the first cricketer I wanted to meet. He was very simple, actually.

First landmark
It was a fantastic feeling to get my first Test century, against India at Galle in 2001. One of my ambitions is to get to 25 Test hundreds, so getting the first was always a good start.

First time I felt I belonged at the highest level
When I crossed 5000 runs in both forms of cricket.

First major cricket lesson
On the value of hard work. I learned it from Muttiah Muralitharan. For a guy who is that amazingly talented, it was a bit shocking to see that he still worked hard at his bowling every day.

First pair of wicketkeeping gloves
They were given to me by my father when I was playing an Under-13 game. I don't remember the brand, but they were yellow and black, with a buckle at the back to tighten them with. They've been long gone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links