Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Daniel Vettori - Richie, Paddles, Kaps, Nass and I

First international wicket
Nasser Hussain in Wellington, February 1997. It set in straight away; you always remember your first Test wicket.

First purchase using money earned from cricket
After being in international cricket for a while, the first thing I bought was a car - a Commodore. But I seldom drive it, since I'm away with cricket for six months of the year at least.

First autograph taken as a youngster
I only ever took one. Kapil Dev's at the Richard Hadlee testimonial match in Hamilton. Ewan Chatfield had hit one out of the ground, which was a rarity for him. Everyone ran on to the field while they were waiting for the ball to return, and I got Kapil's autograph.

First compliment from a legend
Richie Benaud has always been full of praise for me ever since I stepped on to the international scene.

First hero
Sir Richard Hadlee, New Zealand cricket's first-ever superstar. He was the person you saw the most. He always performed irrespective of the situation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links