Tuesday, August 11, 2009

VVS Laxman - A wristy meeting




First souvenir I treasured
On my first international tour, to South Africa in 1996, the team had the opportunity to meet Nelson Mandela, and that photograph finds lead space on the mantelpiece.

First cricket hero I met
As a young Hyderabadi I used to read about [Mohammad] Azharuddin. Once, during a Hyderabad under-15 practice session, he too came to the ground to practise. It was really exciting to see him practise with such intensity. It left a big impression.

First advertisement
Back in 2001 for Pepsi. That was the first time I did a shoot. It involved working with Cyrus Broacha, who is really funny.

First bat
An SG bat, which was given to me by my uncle when I was ten. My first international bat was a Vampire, with whom I had a contract at that time. I scored my maiden fifty with that bat.

First time I was scared on a cricket pitch
When Vinod Kambli got injured in the Cuttack ODI in 1997-98. It was a bad injury - he twisted his ankle. It was damn scary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links