Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shahid Afridi - Start as you mean to go on

First six in internationals
It was off the second ball I faced in my first ODI, against Sri Lanka in Nairobi in 1996. The bowler was [Kumar] Dharmasena. He had brought in the midwicket, trying to get me to go for the hit. I thought, "Bas, taang attak ke maar do" (Just move your leg aside and hit).

First bat
I got it from Waqar [Younis]. Interestingly, Sachin [Tendulkar] had given it to Waqar, asking him to help him get similar bats made in Pakistan. It wasn't an especially heavy bat.

First car
I have never bought a car because there was always a sponsored one. The first car was a Toyota. But now I'm buying my first, a Honda Accord.

First stick from a coach
It was Javed Miandad. He gave me a dressing down and asked me to use my brain and not let the blood rush to my head. I took that advice with a pinch of salt.

First time dropped
It was immediately after the 1999 World Cup. We lost the final. My name is always the first on the deck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links