Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Isa Guha - From Buckinghamshire to the big time




Guha bowls at the SCG early in 2008 © AFP

First job
I was a receptionist at a badminton centre when I was 16.

First cricket trophy
Playing for the boys at High Wycombe, I got the Most Improved Cricketer award. I was nine or ten then.

First time I heard I was picked for England
I was home. I actually had a case of shingles and was off from school when I got a call from one of the England selectors. I had no idea why she was calling me. She said, "We want you to play for England side." It was the week before the start of the tour. Two of the players had pulled out and they needed someone to fill in. It was probably one of the happiest moments of my life.

First autograph I took
Darren Gough's was the one I remember. I took part in a TV show and he was there. I was 12 at the time. He was one of my role models growing up.

First thing I do when I get on the field
I don't have any superstitions like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links