Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tendulkar wants to win the 2011 World Cup

 Sachin Tendulkar has reiterated that he is keen to be a part of World Cup winning Indian side in 2011. He revealed this big cricketing ambition and that the fact that he wasn't pleased yet with what he has done in an interview with Wisden Cricketer. For the record, Tendulkar has a record 12773 Test runs to his credit at an average of 54.58 from 159 matches.

Tendulkar said he hopes to accumulate 15,000 runs and win the World Cup in 2011 for his country. "Sunil Gavaskar has told me that I have to get to 15,000 runs. He said he would be angry with me and would come and catch me if I didn't. I admire him so much and to score that many would be a terrific achievement, but that is not the only aim."
He denied thinking about retirement but he said he would know when the time came to bid farewell to the game that he loves so much. "I will know when it is the right time, I won't have to be dragged away. I am the person who will make the decision and I will know whether I still belong. I can imagine when I finish I will long to face just 10 more balls but you have to move."

Tendulkar disagreed with former Australian coach John Buchanan, who had said the Indian legend is vulnerable against the short ball early in his innings. "It is only his opinion; John Buchanan doesn't have to be right all the time. If I couldn't handle short deliveries, then I wouldn't still be scoring runs," he said. "Maybe he needs to change his opinion. There must be something very wrong with all the bowlers around the world that they have allowed me to score so many runs."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links