Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rohit Sharma- "I once ate 25 eggs at a go " interview

Tell us something we don't know about you.
People think I'm quiet, but that's not the case.

Are you lazy?
Yes. I love to sleep.

Have you ever missed the team bus?
Quite a few times. I even did it during the IPL, with Deccan Chargers. And I've been penalised many times. At times I have ended up paying my day's perks for the entire day's meals [for the team] whenever I've missed the India bus.

Talking about food, we've heard you love eating eggs?
Yes, once I ate 25 fried eggs at one go.

Who's a batsman you would pay to watch?
Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh. I enjoy watching left-handers.

You're an avid collector of t-shirts, apparently?
I picked up 10 Ed Hardy t-shirts on my last trip to Australia, two years ago.

Do you have any autographed souvenirs?
I got two of my bats signed by every team member after we won the 2007 World Twenty20 and the CB Series in Australia in 2008. Both were amazing victories and I wanted something to remember them by.

What's the one thing you never forget to pack when going on a tour?
My boxers!

Is it true you have this thing about the number five?
It is my lucky number. I like to stay in rooms whose numbers add up to five, for example.

What's the one thing you always take with you wherever you go?
I was gifted a small Ganesha idol, and I always keep that close.

Do you have any treasured mementos from early in your career?
I still have the Vampire bat with which I scored the first century of my life. That was when I was 12.

When you were younger, was there anything you wanted to own when you were grown up?
I like BMWs. I even used to collect posters and stickers of them. As a teenager I would tell my friends that one day I would own one. Luckily, I now own a white BMW 5 series.

What do hotel rooms need to make them more enjoyable?
They should have big bathtubs, not just showers.

What has been the most embarrassing moment of your career?
On my first tour, in Ireland, I had to slide to stop the ball on the ropes. But in the process my trousers slid down too and the crowd had a good laugh. I was all red behind the ears with my pants down.

Describe yourself in a few words?
Tough and easy going.

What's the drink you celebrate victory with?
Champagne.

What's been the best compliment you've received?
Adam Gilchrist said during this IPL: "You are one of the big talents, not only for India but in world cricket. You are going to be one of the brightest stars in the future." I couldn't stop feeling nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links