Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MS Dhoni interview

1. Mahendra Singh Dhoni…you have already played some scintillating knocks in your short career for India, so has the world seen your full potential yet or there’s much more to come out of you?
Yeah I think I have done reasonably well because my innings of 148 at Vizag was I think I had done almost everything in that. But the main thing is the consistency levels. So I think the expectations are very high and I have to score runs at regular intervals and whenever the team needs. So that’s one point, I have been working really hard on.
2. What’s the secret of the 'Dhoni Power'?
I even don’t know the secret because I really don’t do the Gym works and all. But I started off as a footballer, so the training I did over there is helping me a lot.

3. And what about the story about the 4 litres of milk that you have daily?
Actually it is just a bit exaggerated. I love milk and I just have 1 litre of milk every day. Previously it used to be just plain milk, but now its shakes or whatever... like hot chocolates in any form.

4. One big question now, can Dhoni ever repeat or play a better innings than the 148 he hit against Pakistan at Vizag?
Yeah hopefully I am looking forward for it. With the new form of play that of the powerplays and all, if I get a chance I would really like to go even 1 run more than the 148. Obviously I like to get a 150. It’s not easy to repeat this kind of performance at the international level. But with this powerplay, I think it can be done. It’s not impossible, if I have done it once, I can do it once again.

5. What would happen if a batsman like Sehwag or Dhoni bat all the 50 Overs in a One Dayer?
I think we would be looking forward for a score of 350 or above. Easily 350 or more because there are batsmen who are even more devastating than even Virender Sehwag or myself like Shahid Afridi, like Adam Gilchrist and they are big hitters at the international level. With this powerplay rule, 350 would be a gettable score especially in the sub continent.

6. Dhoni, now you have played 5 years of first class cricket and about 1 year of international cricket, so who has been the most difficult bowler you had faced so far and the best 6 you hit?
Hmmm…I think the best six, I have hit was in Kenya. I think I hit a Pakistani medium fast bowler. So I stepped out and hit him, it was a quite a long six and may be it was a 150 yards six or even more than that. I think that was the best six and the best bowler I have faced… I think I have faced lots of them. I mean I have faced bowlers who are very difficult on different kinds of tracks. So there are lots of bowlers like that both at international and domestic level and I wouldn’t like to name any one of them.

7. Where was that six, was it over the covers?
No it was straight down the ground, over the bowler’s head and over the camera man’s head and over the parking lot and it was gone.

8. 19 One Day Internationals and 525 runs, where do you think you are heading towards in your career?

Aaah…hopefully I would love to score as many runs as possible in the One Dayers. Obviously I love to score some runs at the Test Level too.

9. How do you spend your day when you are not having any cricket to play?

Actually I love music, I love driving particularly bikes. I love my bikes, I love playing computer games, I play quite a bit of badminton when I get time. But I love bikes more than anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related links